Coach Larry Zierlein knows how to train offensive linemen. With over 30 years of coaching offensive linemen at the NFL and college levels, he has the background and experience to improve any offensive lineman’s game.
Zierlein has spent nine seasons in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and Pittsburgh Steelers, where he won a Super Bowl in 2008. He coached for 23 years at the Division I level with the University of Houston, Tulane, LSU and Cincinnati. While with Houston, he helped coach the Cougars to three Southwest Conference titles. He coached future Pro Bowler Kevin Mawae and future NFL starter Marcus Price at LSU and NFL starter Jason Fabini at Cincinnati.
Over his long coaching history, Zierlein has coached numerous Pro Bowl and All-Pro players. Included in that count are Shaun O’Hara, Jeff Faine, Jason Peters, Alan Faneca, Marvel Smith and Max Starks to name a few. These six guys have 17 Pro Bowls and eight Super Bowl rings.
Notable NFL Players Coached or Trained:
- All-Pro Kevin Mawae, C, New York Jets
- 11-year veteran Jason Fabini, T, New York Jets
- All-Pro Alan Faneca, G, Arizona Cardinals
- Pro Bowler Marvel Smith, T, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Pro Bowler Shaun O’Hara, C, New York Giants
- Pro Bowler Jason Peters, T, Buffalo Bills
- Super Bowl champion & Pro Bowl alternate Jeff Faine, C, New Orleans Saints
- Two-time Super Bowl champion Max Starks, T, Pittsburgh Steelers
|FBU Offensive Line Coach|
University of Houston (1978-86)
|AFC Champion (2008)
Super Bowl Champion - XLIII (2008)